Click on the options below to access clear and concise factsheets on business and personal issues.
|Info Zone > Tax Rates & Allowances >|
Plant and machinery - Annual Investment Allowance (AIA)
The AIA gives a 100% write-off on most types of plant and machinery costs, including integral features and long life assets but not cars, of up to £200,000 p.a.
Any costs over the AIA fall into the normal capital allowance pools below. The AIA may need to be shared between certain businesses under common ownership.
Other plant and machinery allowances
The annual rate of allowance is 18%. An 8% rate applies to expenditure incurred on integral features and on long life assets.
A 100% first year allowance may be available on certain energy efficient plant and cars.
For expenditure incurred on cars, costs are generally allocated to one of the two plant and machinery pools. Cars with CO2 emissions not exceeding 130gm/km receive an 18% allowance p.a. Cars with CO2 emissions over 130gm/km receive an 8% allowance p.a. The emissions figure is reduced to 110gm/km for expenditure incurred on or after 1 April 2018.
- This includes calculators for mortgages, loans, APR etc
- The latest tax tables
- This includes the latest statistics and rates of annual inflation
- The complete guide to setting up in business
- Forms that can be downloaded (in PDF format) from HMRC and Companies House
- All you need to know in respect of the Self Assessment tax regime
- An introduction to all aspects of VAT
- Clear and concise factsheets on business and personal issues