Click on the options below to access clear and concise factsheets on business and personal issues.
|Info Zone > Autumn Budget 2017 >|
Autumn Budget 2017
The Chancellor Philip Hammond presented his first Autumn Budget on Wednesday 22 November 2017.
His report set out a number of actions the government will take including support for more housebuilding. His view is that the economy continues to grow and continues to create more jobs. The major attention-grabber was aimed at first time buyers who will not have to pay Stamp Duty Land Tax on homes costing up to £300,000.
Our summary focuses on the tax measures which may affect you, your family and your business. To help you decipher what was said we have included our own comments. If you have any questions please contact us for advice.
Main Budget tax proposals
Our summary concentrates on the tax measures which include:
Previously announced measures include:
The Budget proposals may be subject to amendment in the Spring Statement and subsequent Finance Act. You should contact us before taking any action as a result of the contents of this summary.
- This includes calculators for mortgages, loans, APR etc
- The latest tax tables
- This includes the latest statistics and rates of annual inflation
- The complete guide to setting up in business
- Forms that can be downloaded (in PDF format) from HMRC and Companies House
- All you need to know in respect of the Self Assessment tax regime
- An introduction to all aspects of VAT
- Clear and concise factsheets on business and personal issues